Sunday, February 3, 2008

LCCT Malaysia

The time now is 11.30am. I am now at LCCT, sitting at McDonalds enjoying my Prosperity Beef Foldover while waiting for AK5208 to take off to Kuching at 12.55 noon. I have been using KLIA for couple of years and today is my first day utilizing Low Cost Carrier Terminal or known as LCCT.

This low cost terminal is specifically built at KL International Airport to cater to the growing passengers of the Low Cost Airlines, especially the passengers of Malaysia's first 'no-frills' airline, Air Asia. LCCT located 20km away from the KLIA main terminal building. Construction of the LCCT was on a fast track basis beginning June 2005 at an approximate cost of RM 108 million. LCCT was opened on the 3rd day of March 2006 and fully in operation on the 26th day of the same month and year.

What can I say about LCCT? LOW COST CARRIER TERMINAL - the name tell the whole story! Its terminal facilities and amenities are very basic with a single floor operation area. Hence, you can forget about seeing travellators, escalators and aerobridges. I can hardly find any good restaurant around here. The WIFI that I am using now is quite slow. I don't see ample of seats provided for public inside, what more outside the terminal. Lots of people standing with their huge luggage. The washrooms are a litle bit dirty and produce some uncomfortable smells. Car park however is quite spacious.

Well, Low Cost Carrier! What do you and can you expect. Low cost means everything is basic. Let not talk more about it, hopefully improvement can be seen periodically. I guess I have to go now. I will have to board the aircraft soon. See ya!

1 comment:

Mr RM said...

welcome to blogsphere.....